Setting up an Android device as a Hamachi mobile client
This procedure assumes you or an administrator has sent configuration details to your device.
Remember: The mobile client is deployed by sending the required VPN settings in a configuration file via email; it is not an app you download from a store.
On the device, open the email containing the following three files
- PFX The client certificate.
- CA Issuer of the client certificates.
- RootCA Self-signed root certificate.
Save all attachments and locate them on the device.
No attachments? When the connection type is PPTP, no certificates are attached. Certificates are attached only with IPSEC.
Extract the Hamachi client certificate, file type
PFX, as follows:
- Tap the file.
- When prompted to enter a password to extract the certificate, enter the device configuration password (for example, abcd-a1b2-c1d2). Include dashes. Case sensitive.
- Name the certificate.
Install both the Hamachi CA and RootCA certificates, as follows:
- Tap the files.
- Name the certificates. The names need not match the name used in step 3.
Add a VPN profile for Hamachi for each connection protocol (IPSec
and PPTP), as follows:
- Go to
- Tap Add VPN Network.
No Internet Connection? To retain an Internet connection on an Android using PPTP:
- In a mesh network, set the Hamachi VPN profile Forwarding Route to 22.214.171.124/8
- In a gateway network, the Forwarding Route must match the client's assigned IP range